Houston, Texas 77089
- Pants shall be either solid navy, solid black, or solid khaki colored slacks, solid khaki or solid blue jeans free of design and hemmed. Pants/Jeans must meet the following criteria:
- All pants/jeans must be appropriately sized, fitted and worn at the waist. No hip huggers are allowed.
- All pants/jeans must be fitted in the crotch and legs (not worn low), not baggy or excessively tight. Pants/jeans with hammer loops or of cargo style are not permitted. (Students can be suspended for this violation.)
- All pants/jeans must be of proper length and must NOT touch the floor.
- All pants/jeans must be free of slits.
- All pants/jeans must be one of continuous solid color free of manufactured fading or bleaching.
- Pants must be one continuous solid color khaki or navy. Jeans must be one continuous solid blue or khaki.
- Pants/jeans must be free of holes or tears.
Skirts and/or Jumpers shall be either solid navy, solid black, or solid khaki colored skirts and/or jumpers or solid khaki or solid blue denim skirts and/or jumpers free of design and hemmed. Skirts and/or jumpers must meet the following additional criteria:
- All skirts/jumpers must be appropriately sized,
not baggy or excessively tight.
- All skirts must be fitted and worn at the waist. No hip hugger skirts are allowed.
- Manufacturer slits on jumpers/skirts can come no higher than 2 inches above the kneecap.
- All skirts/jumpers must be free of manufactured
fading or bleaching.
- All skirts/jumpers must be free of holes and
- The hem length of all skirts and/or jumpers must be no higher than 2 inches above the kneecap.
- No shorts/skorts or capri pants will be allowed.
- Belts are required for garments made with belt loops in grades 3 - 12. Belts should be securely fastened at all times.
- Students must wear shoes with backs that are appropriate for school.(Students participating in physical education activities must have appropriate shoes.)
- Skate shoes are not permitted.
- Shoes must be fastened at all times with shoe straps velcroed and/or shoelaces tied.
- Regular sized (not oversized) back packs must be clear, transparent, or mesh.
Approved styles are:
- Shirts shall be either a collared "polo style" or
collared "oxford style" shirt free of designs,
appropriately sized with sleeves.
- Shirts shall be any solid color and appropriately sized.
- Shirts must remain tucked in at all times.
- Turtlenecks and T-shirts may be worn underneath the standardized shirt and shall be either solid blue, solid white, solid black, and/or an additional solid color specified by the campus, free of designs and appropriately sized.
- Shirts may have an appropriate manufacturer logo not to exceed two inches.
- Approved spirit tee shirts can be worn any day of the week, but must come from approved vendors such as booster clubs, Dobie book store, or other Dobie organizations. These must be black, white or burnt orange.
- Girl Scout and Boy Scout
uniforms are appropriate at any time.
SWEATERS/SWEAT SHIRTS/LIGHT JACKETS
- May be worn over the "polo style" or "oxford style" standardized dress shirt. The collar of the standardized shirt must be visible at all times.
- Colors must be black, brown, orange, or white.
- Sweatshirts with hoods are only allowed if they are jacket style opening all the way down the front.
- Hoods may NOT be worn over the head during school hours.
- Sweatshirts will be taken from students not in compliance.
- Sweaters/sweat shirts/light jackets shall be solid blue, solid white, or an additional solid color specified by the campus free of designs and appropriately sized.
- Campus letter jackets or light jackets with an approved campus-specific logo are permissible.
- Coats may be worn to a secondary campus provided that they are placed in a student's locker or designated storage area upon arrival and not removed until the conclusion of the school day.
- Student identification badges are required in high schools. Badges shall be replaced at the expense of the student if the badge is lost, stolen, broken, deformed, or distorted. It will be optional for students to wear their IDs around their neck. It will be mandatory they have them on their person. Strict penalties will be enforced if students cannot provide their ID upon request. If this becomes a problem we will return IDs being visible at all times
- All other rules and regulations as defined in the Student Code of Conduct.
The principal and assistant principal(s) shall be authorized to
appraise and fashion, fad, hair, jewelry or article of clothing deemed
inappropriate for school wear or disruptive to the education process or
safety of the campus.